next GDB release schedule (GDB 7.9?)

Hello,

Now that 7.8.1 is out, I thought it was time to start putting
some dates in for our next major release, tentatively numbered
GDB 7.9.

For the moment, I propose Jan 12th 2015 for the branching, and
Jan 26th for the release (we've never managed to release
within 2 weeks of the first pre-release, but one can always
hope! ;-) that's only tentative anyway).

Does it seem OK to everyone? Sometimes, there are some incentives
for deviating a bit from our usual 6 months cycle. At the moment,
I don't know of any reason.

The release-tracking wiki page has been created and is at:
https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GDB_7.9_Release

Thank you,
--
Joel