info sharedlibrary vs. pldd; gdb Solaris 11

I'm debugging a core file on Oracle Solaris 11 x86_64.

When I run pldd to list the dynamic libraries linked in the core file I get:
/lib/amd64/libthread.so.1
/lib/amd64/libumem.so.1

whereas gdb's "info share" returns:
/lib/64/libthread.so.1
/lib/64/libumem.so

Is it possible to make gdb search for the (canonical) path that pldd
lists? Any tips? Pointers to relevant parts of the source code?

I'm on:
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.5.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-solaris2.10".

BjÃrn