Re: GDB C API -- does such a thing exist?

Thanks for all the answers.

> MI is really the safe way to go.

A lot of people suggested this so I guess that's right. Where can I
find specification of it?

One thing that I'm confused about this MI thing is that even IDEs
don't use it, as far as I can see. For example, I just checked CLion
and it's just running GDB prompt and talking with GDB using it. So I
had a bad impression about it. I'm hoping to be wrong.