Re: recursion limit exceeded in Python API, but there's only one function in traceback

On 16/10/14 11:45, Ãmer Sinan AÄacan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm putting some breakpoints and then running some actions when
> program reaches that points, using Python API.
>
> After a few breaks, GDB is starting to print these lines:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/omer/gdb_script/script.py", line 71, in handle_breakpoint
>     self.breakpoint_jump_addrs[bp.location].add(addr)
> RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

That's an error from Python.  It tells me something in script.py is
not quite right.  Impossible to tell without seeing script.py in
general.  You can increase the recursion depth by doing something like

import sys
sys.setrecursionlimit(9000)

Where '9000' is a limit you can set and vary.  However, this might
indeed be papering over the cracks, and not fixing the fault.

Cheers

Phil