Re: FYI: GCC dropped score support

> While the deprecation theme is playing in the background ...
>
> I noticed that GCC has just removed support for score:
>
>  https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-10/msg00305.html
>
> I'm looking at score-tdep.c/score-tdep.h and wondering if
> it makes any sense to still maintain that...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%2Bcore

Thinking out loud...

If the port isn't getting in the way, perhaps we could send out
a quick deprecation warning announce following our standard protocol;
but instead of actually removing support right away, we'd just
keep it on a best-effort basis? I'm not actually sure this is
a good idea at all, as not receiving any response today does not
mean that people might not be starting using it again tomorrow...

So, unless we think there is enough benefit in remove support for
this target sooner rather than later, the other option is to keep
the info you about GCC in mind if it ever starts getting in the way?

--
Joel