Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages

> IMHO this is a really bad idea.

I wouldn't say "a really bad", but I tend to agree with the reasoning.
It's a bit unnatural to me that git would chose to show the author
date by default over the commit date, but James is right that the
commit date is already there, and should largely reflect the date
when the commit was pushed. Thanks to our daily updates of the BFD
version, it's pretty much guaranteed that a contributor will always
have to rebase before being able to push.

--
Joel