Re: Problem with continue/halt - async support

W dniu 2014-06-27 09:23, Freddie Chopin pisze:
OK, I'm getting closer... Wit this commit it still works fine:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=41aa47b48f0794fdfccc0f2c283433d8e35c5a2c

With this one (3 days later) doing "continue" causes the freeze:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=11b28b91b2c51898e1347e62909811cc7dd720ea

Browsing through the commits I suspect this one ("enable target async by
default; separate MI and target notions of async") to be the cause of
the problem I'm seeing:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=329ea57934a9d4b250a0b417af1ec47bc2d0ceb6

I tried playing with the new options "set mi-async" and "set
target-async" (both are set to off in here), but this makes no
difference for me.

I'll verify that this is the commit that causes trouble and report back.

This commit (before whole "async support" series) works fine:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=434415618f6bb9ac428a8d18ab33111920cd04dc

This commit (after whole "async support" series) has the problem:

https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commit;h=a09dd4413d1a4ea063173d4822635f41c885f6fe

For completeness - current HEAD still has the problem.

If anyone didn't notice that, then this probably is Windows specific, or even mingw-w64 specific, or maybe remote-target-OpenOCD specific. As I wrote previously - GDB is compiled with the most recent package from Arch Linux, so that's GCC 4.9.0 mingw-w64. The problem is the same for 32-bit and 64-bit compilation.

Any ideas what can I test to help with the bug? I'm going to post a bug report too...

I added Pedro Alves to CC of this e-mail.

Regards,
FCh