Re: Patchwork patch tracking system

> I'm not certain that would work for us, unless we change some process.
> I am under the impression that that matches commits by git hash.
> The fact that the ChangeLog is usually not a part of the patch
> and then is added before push changes the hash.  Also,
> given we only allow fast-forward, it's very frequent that patches
> need to be rebased when pushed, which changes hash as well.

I think we should be open to the idea of changing our process to
some degree. To me, keeping track of patch series, in terms of
grouping as well as iterations of the patch series, would be
a great feature worth some changes in our procedures. To go
even further, I am not necessarily attached to making email-based
interaction the primary way of discussing an email. I know many
people are, and I am not advocating for one way or the other, but
just trying to show that this isn't an obvious requirement to me.

--
Joel