Re: Patchwork patch tracking system

Hi Stan,

Sorry for the late reply, your message got lost in a bunch of
demangler issues :(

Stan Shebs wrote:
> On 4/2/14 3:08 AM, Gary Benson wrote:
> > Patchwork is a patch tracking system designed to help manage
> > contributions to open-source projects.  The glibc maintainers have
> > been experimenting to see if it can meet their needs, and they've
> > very kindly added GDB to their test instance to allow us to trial
> > it too.
>
> I just heard about this last week, and it looks like a good idea!
>
> > Patchwork has been subscribed to gdb-patches for a couple of weeks
> > now, but I haven't updated any patches' statuses so there will be
> > some stale ones in there.  Please feel free to update patches as
> > you see fit, this is a trial instance so don't worry about
> > breaking things!
>
> So if we try it and like it, how does one go about transitioning
> from "trial" to "real"?

I guess by the people doing the reviewing deciding to use it.
It may be it is useful even with only a subset of reviewers
using it.  I can't determine this myself, I need feedback from
people who are reviewing regularly.

There's work underway to transfer glibc's trial instance to
sourceware.org, and I've asked for the GDB instance to be
moved at the same time.  Apart from anything else, it's probably
easier that way.

> > Let me know what you think!
>
> Thanks for setting this up!

No worries, Siddhesh did all the hard work :D

Cheers,
Gary

--
http://gbenson.net/