Re: GDB 7.6.2 on Mac OS: Could not find the frame base for "Class::method()".

On 10 Feb 2014, at 22:27, Neal Kruis <neal.kruis@bigladdersoftware.com> wrote:

> I have had no luck finding a solution to this problem. I recently
> noticed that I get the following message before my program begins:
>
> BFD: /System/Library/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork(i386:x86-64):
> unknown load command 0x20
>
> A google search for "gdb bfd unknown load command" shows a lot of
> people having issues with non-apple versions of GDB on Mac OS X. I
> would really like to use some of the newer features of GDB and still
> develop on my MacBookPro, but if I can't get GDB to work I'll have to
> try a different approach.
>
> Can anybody confirm this problem on other Macs? Does anyone know of a solution?

As far as I know, the LAZY_LOAD_DYLIB command (0x20) isn't supported.

If you really want to make progress on these issues, you should first create
reproducers as small as possible, and file it to bugzilla.

Regards,
Tristan.