Re: Invoking methods on gdb.Value objects and other ideas

Tom> The above seem to be found methods, but it seems that to be complete
Tom> you'd also want a way to create a C++ pointer-to-member.  I guess this
Tom> is more cleanly done via the Type API, or perhaps a method on your
Tom> proposed TypeMethod object.

Siva> About C++ pointer-to-member values, I think they are in a way methods
Siva> already, and hence could just be invoked by '(...)' method invocation?

I think I misread Tom here.

I agree with Tom that a method on gdb.TypeMethod objects could return
a gdb.TypeMethodPtr object.

[With my little experience with GDB, I always use an example to
understand what TYPE_CODE_METHOD and TYPE_CODE_METHODPTR are supposed
to mean and how they differ. Added to this, if type_obj is a gdb.Type
object of type TYPE_CODE_METHOD, type_obj.pointer() does not give a
TYPE_CODE_METHODPTR object!]