Re: semantics of dynamic varobj

Yao> I ask these questions because I am adding a new kind of dynamic
Yao> varobj, whose contents are provided by only available data.

There are maybe two things that suggest that a dynamic varobj is not the
way to go here.

One is that these aren't truly dynamic.  They are just ordinary varobjs
where some child values are unavailable.  It seems far simpler to me to
just provide an "unavailable" marker.

Second, dynamic varobjs have different semantics than ordinary ones, so
they are only enabled when the client requests them.  (And, clients may
use the "python" feature to decide this, since that's the only signal
right now that they exist.)

So, would then (1) be at least conceptually tied to Python (you could
add a new feature I suppose) and (2) have to decide what to do if the
feature is not enabled... which goes back to the idea of just treating
these as normal varobjs.

Tom