Re: gdb/mi or python interface for front end

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net> wrote:
> OK. I'm curious if anyone knows if the MI protocol supports NUL
> character bytes in it's output. I'm designing the protocol layer and
> it would be convient to know if GDB transmits NUL character bytes
> while sending output. (It's probably possible when printing a string
> array?) An example would be awesome if so.

I looked into this.
IWBN if this were documented, otherwise I have to go on what I find
and I certainly could have missed something.
E.g., I see mi_console_raw_packet calling fputstrn_unfiltered
which calls printchar which escapes control characters.
I believe the answer is MI output will *never* contain the NUL char,
if present it will be quoted as \000.
[Again, I would be wrong, so heads up.  And corrections are most welcome.]