Re: Reverse debugging for arm baremetal targets?

On 07/22/2013 02:38 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
But the OS dependent part seems to be missing there:
arm-tdep.h:
    /* Parse swi insn args, sycall record.  */
   int (*arm_swi_record) (struct regcache *regcache);
  - which does not seem to be set anywhere

I raised this question during the code review, and Oza (the author) wanted to do them in phase 3, which handles OS related stuff, such as syscall. What we have in trunk is phase 2.

So the current set_gdbarch_process_record initialization could be possibly
moved to arm-tdep.c.  But I did not play more with it.

Right, the existing Oza's work in trunk is about ARM reversed debugging, without OS stuff. Probably we should call set_gdbarch_process_record in arm-tdep.c, but not sure how good or bad the results are.

--
Yao (éå)