Eclipse and GDB Simulators

Hi

I was recently trying to get Eclipse to work with the Sparc Instruction
Simulator in gdb. The setup worked great with an external simulator
and real hardware but console output from sis was disappearing.

Chris Johns tracked it down to sis not wrapping its console output
when attached to from Eclipse. I looked at a couple of other simulators
but couldn't find where the "@" is prefixed to target stream output.

What is the proper way for a simulator to know it needs to prefix
the "@"? How should this be done? Is there a good example?

sim/erc32/erc32.c seems a good case for a hard one to fix.
It has two uarts which can be attached to files. The uart
data is written using fwrite() a byte at a time and read with
a call to read(). Knowing how to fix this one will give me
a roadmap.

I am just worried about output now. But if target input is
supposed to work in Eclipse, then I would like advice on
how to proceed with that as well.

The RTEMS Community uses a lot of the gdb simulators and I
was hoping to start sweeping through them to ensure target
output works with Eclipse. But I would like to have a strategy
for fixing issues.

Thanks.