Re: stabs support in binutils, gcc, and gdb

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> wrote:
>> It does not look like the changes were merged into the FSF tree.  This
>> also does not support some of the more recent AIX features added to
>> GCC.
>
> Tristan is usually pretty good at sending these sorts of patches.
> I will ask him on Monday if some might be missing. He's been
> extremely busy lately, so it's a possibility. It would also be
> useful to explain how you are basing your evaluation, and in
> particular say what does not work for you.

I and others have not been able to use GNU as and GNU ld to bootstrap
GCC. The resulting object files and shared objects mostly worked in
small experiments, but failed for larger projects, like GCC.

Also, GNU as and GNU ld do not contain support for the new
cmodel=large and thread local storage support added to GCC.

- David