Re: Using Py_SetPythonHome

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 17:54:47 +0200, Meador Inge wrote:
> We distribute the toolchain with a layout that looks like:
>
>    bin/
>       $cross-gdb
>    lib/
>       libpython2.6.so.1.0
>       python2.6/
>       python26.zip

Sorry but this is very custom setup of GDB.  In such case GDB should be
configured with special configure option for it (if any, IMO it should be
rather a vendor patch).  Unaware why such custom setup should complicate usage
of GDB by all the users on regular GNU/Linux systems.  It is normal nowadays
to use various virtualizations and chroot setups (like I also do) and one does
not expect called GDB does not follow standard
PYTHONHOME/PYTHONPATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables like all the other
system binaries do.

I believe these arguments just repeat the discussion several months old,
without any new facts brought in.

Regards,
Jan