powerpc-linux-gdb/gdbserver: breakpoint are set with offset while using Qemu

Hi all,

I am developing a user space application on P1023RDS development board.
To debug the application I’m using the powerpc-linux-gdb and gedserver
on the board.
When I debug in this way, break-points are placed in the correct
places and I’m able to debug the application.

The problem starts when I’m using Qemu to debug the application.
Since Qemu does not have simulation for P1023RDS I’m using mpc8544ds
as my board since both have e500v2 CPU (I have enabled mpc8544ds
support in the kernel).
To get network connectivity I have also enabled e1000 network card.
When I try to debug in the same manner as described up, the
break-points are being set with offset and the gdbserver never stop on
main.

Build environment:
- Ubuntu 12.04 host.
- buildroot-2012.02 to create the kernel image and the file system.
- Qemu 1.1.0

i have attached the log of gdbserver from both runs.
I use the same debugging configuration and the same images in both ways.

Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks,

Oshri