Re: feature request: set step-mode smart

On Saturday, April 21 2012, Ilya Basin wrote:

> Hi! Sometimes you need to step into a function that is called via a
> jump table. In this case gdb behaves inconveniently:
> Either you leave default step-mode and gdb can't step into that
> function or you set step-mode on and gdb will step into all functions
> without sources.
>
> I think, gdb should try to stepi a fixed number of instructions (~100)
> searching for a code line and if not found, step out.

Hello Ilya,

Thanks for the message.  Could you please also create an entry in the
GDB Bugzilla as well?  The link is http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/

This is not a guarantee that someone will actually implement this
request, but at least we can keep a record of such things.

Thanks.

--
Sergio