Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 20:48 +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> I don't even need to leave my office to find such a system.
>
> $ssh 192.168.0.253
> [pedro@NAS][~]
> >ls /usr/lib/libstd*
> ls: cannot access /usr/lib/libstdc*: No such file or directory

I personally have no strong feelings about this either way but note the
above is not an argument against C++ on embedded systems.  On many of
the systems I use I statically link libstdc++ with at least some
programs; this is well-supported (by GCC at least) and IMO a quite
reasonable solution for utilities such as gdbserver.

The question is not whether systems provide a C++ userspace environment
by default (such as libstdc++): static linking can take care of that
very neatly.  The question is how many of them WOULD be able to run
gdbserver in C, but NOT able to run gdbserver in C++ (from a resource
point of view).