This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: very slow gdb stepping.
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: PaweÅ Sikora <pawel dot sikora at agmk dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:57:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: very slow gdb stepping.
- References: <1809128.jWeFzAnxpv@localhost>
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 15:05:09 +0200, PaweÅ Sikora wrote:
> during debugging a large c++ application an each gdb step (next or step-in)
> takes from ~2 to ~30 seconds which is horribly slow and uncomfortable :(
The name gdb-7.4.50-0.20120120 it suggests a snapshot with performance
regression later already fixed on trunk by Tom Tromey. This performance
regression was not present in 7.4 and it will not be present in 7.5.
I have fixed this regression by a backport in 188.8.131.5220120-35.fc17,
the 20120120 snapshot date may suggest your GDB is somehow Fedora derived.
FYI: remove extraneous block from dw2_map_symtabs_matching_filename
FYI: fix some performance bugs with .gdb_index