This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [Buiding Error] git version 238a89c5e410f61d2786cffca0a55dcf50325cd4
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Zhihua Che <zhihua dot che at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:09:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Buiding Error] git version 238a89c5e410f61d2786cffca0a55dcf50325cd4
- References: <CABexPfHEj4=u-OPuTe-H1cAr4dFVgitHxOjoVCyFCW1t3ZNpGA@mail.gmail.com>
> WARNING: `makeinfo' is missing on your system. You should only need it if
> you modified a `.texi' or `.texinfo' file, or any other file
> indirectly affecting the aspect of the manual. The spurious
> call might also be the consequence of using a buggy `make' (AIX,
> DU, IRIX). You might want to install the `Texinfo' package or
> the `GNU make' package. Grab either from any GNU archive site.
> make: *** [bfd.info] Error 1
> Does anybody build and fail like this ever?
This is related to bfd (thus should probably be discussed on binutils).
Just build using "make MAKEINFO=true", that's what I usually do.