This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Reading dynamic symbols from Linux core files?
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: John Gilmore <gnu at toad dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, Martin Langhoff <martin dot langhoff at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:48:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: Reading dynamic symbols from Linux core files?
- References: <201203161838.q2GIceWD010681@new.toad.com>
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:38:40 +0100, John Gilmore wrote:
> Martin and Jan Kratochvil are currently chasing a problem with finding
> and getting "debug symbol" packages in Fedora 14
There may be some prelink related problem but I have no more ideas:
> I'm not sure exactly where in the code it should be trying to find the
> dynamic symbol table from the core file and extracting the symbols from it.
The problem usually was - at least in some Fedoras + RHELs - that vDSO has
overgrown 4KB. The loadable segment remained in the first 4KB part but
debugging symbols spanned more pages which led to bfd_from_remote_memory
cutting off the debug symbols. Recent Fedora patch for it is: