Re: Using UTF-8 as host charset

>>>>> "Paul" ==   <Paul_Koning@Dell.com> writes:

Paul> The issue here is that NetBSD has a fully functional iconv, except
Paul> that it doesn't include the wchar_t "character set".  I think it has
Paul> something to do with the notion that wchar_t is not the same as ucs-2,
Paul> at least not in some corner cases.  I'm not particularly convinced,
Paul> especially since GNU libiconv does make that exact equivalence.

GNU iconv uses mbrtowc and friends to do the conversion in a portable
way.

I'm open to other ways to solve the problem as well.
I just don't know of any.

Tom