Re: xz-compressed release tarballs?

>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> writes:

Joel> I think we can make everyone happy by simply adding the .xz format,
Joel> giving us 3 release tarballs. That would cost about 25-30MB extra
Joel> times 2-3 releases a year. I am not opposed to getting rid of the
Joel> .bz2 format, however.

I'm in favor of adding .xz and removing .bz2.
It doesn't hurt anybody and it will help some people with limited
bandwidth.  Other GNU programs seem to have done this without issue.

Tom