Re: Toward multicore GDB - Set theory

On Tuesday 08 November 2011 15:03:33, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I think this is going to interact with my ambiguous breakpoint /
> linespec changes.  At various points in the new code, linespec iterates
> over program spaces; this should be filtered according to the trigger
> set.  I am wondering whether you are basing your work on this patch set,

I'm currently working against current pristine mainline.

> and if not, how we can best manage the changes.  I would rather not be
> in a race to finish, but instead talk about how we can best cooperate.

My changes aren't as near complete as yours, so I don't think
there's much chance for me to win such a race.  :-)  But note
I haven't done anything like making:

  [2.*:3.*] break main

look for `main' in inferiors 2 and 3, and I don't plan to.  I'm leaving
the symbol search side out, as we'll get most of that from your
changes, with some kind of extra filtering.

There's a bunch left to try/do that doesn't touch linespec / symbol
filtering.  So I have absolutely no problem with seeing your changes
go in, and picking them up that way.  If I get further enough in
progress before your patch lands, I'll rebase on top of it.

I'll try to post the WIP code somewhere soon, so you (all) can
take a look.

--
Pedro Alves