Re: GIT and CVS

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Jan Kratochvil wrote:

> You cannot count the first operation, before ./.git gets cached.  The first
> read is deficiency of kernel filesystem, pre-read and/or no SSD on your system.

The whole point of my timings was to time uncached reads and compare them
to uncached reads of ChangeLogs.  I'm considering the user looking at lots
of different trees from time to time, not spending all their time in an
FSF GDB tree where they might have .git cached.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com