Re: Windows build cookbook

On 2011-7-31 13:40, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Looking at your page, I see the following differences between your
recommended setup and what I used:

  . You use a mingw-w64 version of MSYS, while I used the 32-bit
    version (as my machine is a 32-bit one).
There is not such "mingw-w64 MSYS", all the MSYS is 32bit.
look at the folder of the link, the link name is:
External binary packages (Win64 hosted)
which means all the packages is from other site, and only hosted on the mingw64 site.
So, the MSYS package was took from the official MSYS site. (as the official MSYS installer use the MinGW-get to fetch all the tools and libraries. Some developer of MinGW64 project just put a full MSYS package contains all the MSYS tools, and put it in the MinGW64 site)
In-fact, I use Windows XP 32bit too. I do not have a 64bit Windows system.

  . You mounted the root directory of the MinGW installation on /mingw,
    while I didn't (I thought the fact that its bin/ subdirectory being
    on PATH will do the job).
That's the official way of using MinGW compiler suite under MSYS, because the path "/mingw" will have the highest priority on the MSYS's search path. If you have many MinGW pathes on your Windows PATH variable, that maybe cause some problem.:-)

Nowadays, I use the PCX's 32bit MinGW package, which contains all the necessary libraries to build the GDB.
see: http://code.google.com/p/pcxprj/downloads/list

asmwarrior
ollydbg from codeblocks' forum