Re: py-breakpoint.c fails to compile with MinGW GCC

> From: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
> Cc: pmuldoon@redhat.com, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, gdb@sourceware.org
> Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:43:59 -0600
>
> Or, just require people to use a newer GCC; 3.4 is 5 years old at
> this point.

Just to clarify: I never upgraded my GCC because the existing 4.x
series (a) produce code that is less debug-friendly under any non-zero
optimization level, (b) some versions are buggy (e.g., 4.5), and
(c) is slower.  Paying compilation time penalty without any visible
gains seemed unwise, especially since my main development machine runs
on 6-year-old hardware.

I will probably upgrade when 4.7 is released, because I understand it
will be more debug-friendly.