Re: 7.3 is broken on FreeBSD

On 07/06/2011 18:59, Joel Brobecker wrote:
I see, you meant gdb/config.h, HAVE_PT_GETDBREGS is defined theer:
#define HAVE_PT_GETDBREGS 1
So, we'd be back to square one: Why does GDB crash.  Looking at
the backtrace, it looks like it tried to make a call via a null
function pointer.

Since I can't reproduce, and I'm out of ideas of what might be
wrong, I'm afraid you'll have to debug this one.

gdb-7.3 crashes on this line:
563 dr_status_mirror = i386_dr_low.get_status ();
(gdb) p i386_dr_low
$1 = {set_control = 0, set_addr = 0, reset_addr = 0, get_status = 0, unset_status = 0, debug_register_length = 0}
(gdb) p i386_dr_low.get_status ()

0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
The program being debugged was signaled while in a function called from GDB.
GDB remains in the frame where the signal was received.
To change this behavior use "set unwindonsignal on".
Evaluation of the expression containing the function
(at 0x0x0) will be abandoned.
When the function is done executing, GDB will silently stop.
(gdb)

Yuri