Re: GDB 7.2 Support DWARF1

>>>>> "Jerome" == Jerome Segur <jerome.segur@sogeti.com> writes:

Jerome> To one project, I need GDB 7.x (API Python) and too support DWARF1.
Jerome> Indeed, to do a re compilation of this project is impossible
Jerome> (certification!) so I must use GDB supports DWARF1 (gdb <= 6.6)

Jerome> But there, I have to use API python to automatise all scripts. (gdb
Jerome> > 7.x).

Jerome> Is there such a patch? Have you got an idea to help me?

As far as I know, there is no such patch.

Two ideas come to mind.

One, forward-port the DWARF 1 code to GDB 7.x.  If it is done cleanly
and doesn't impact the DWARF 2+ code, we could put it in.

Two, write a DWARF 1 -> DWARF 4 (or 2 or 3) converter.  Then use this to
generate separate .debug files.  You don't have to modify your certified
binaries to do this.  You would generate these only for use when
debugging.

Tom