Re: ARI/Commit rules

Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com> writes:

> I think it would be nice to be able to run this script by hand
> from a checkout, and it shouldn't be too difficult, since it's
> mostly an awk script.  And for those that use git, we could
> produce a hook as well, I think.  We might have some issues
> with volume (number of warnings due to the already-present
> violations) though, or perhaps performance.  I don't know about
> others, but since using git, I have been so spoiled that I expect
> every operation to be instantaneous...

It would be nice to fix those warnings eventually.  I believe a pre-commit
hook would only operate on your diffs, though.  Anyway we cannot use
that as the GIT repository is read only.  So to me, an ideal thing
would be just to run it on my files that I have changed, or even better
a patch I have generated.

What do you think?

Cheers

Phil