Re: Translate memory addresses

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Eager <eager@eagerm.com> writes:

Michael> I'm working with a target which needs to translate
Michael> a virtual memory addresses to a physical address
Michael> before accessing the target's memory or the core file.

Michael> Core_ops is defined in corelow.c, and there doesn't appear
Michael> to be an obvious hook for the target code to modify it to
Michael> add the translation routine.

Michael> Any suggestions on the best way to add a hook or how to specify
Michael> a target routine to do address translations for core files?

I am not an expert in this area, but couldn't you make a new
arch_stratum target that does the translation?

With this approach maybe you don't even need a hook -- just do the
translation and call the target beneath.

Tom