Re: Question re: testsuite, "isnative", "is_remote" etc.

Kevin Pouget wrote:
hello,

I'm thinking that there should be some test that checks for
"use_gdb_stub" or "gdb_protocol".  But of course you have to set those in your board file too.

just the point of view of a 'gdb beginner', but why don't you rely a bit more on the target abstraction?
maybe adding a "to_is_remote_target" in the 'struct target_ops' is too complicated,

but what about testing if the 'remote' target has been pushed on the current target stack?

That would give me exactly the result that I want.

Unfortunately, this test (is-remote) is done outside of gdb, in the dejagnu test suite, and is often done before gdb even starts. So that information is not available.