'finish' command on ppc64

Hi,

I've noticed that the behavior of 'finish' command on ppc64 sometimes seems to be different to what happens on x86 and ppc32.

On ppc64, when issuing a 'finish' command inside a subroutine, when the routine is in another object file, the program stops at the same line of the subroutine call, while on x86, ppc32 and sometimes on ppc64 (when the routine is in the same object file) it always stops at the line after the call. It happens due to an extra nop instruction after function calls on ppc64 (required by the ABI), in order to allow the linker to insert additional code if necessary during the linking process.

So, I'd like to know if there is any rule regarding of which line of code should be pointed after issue a 'finish' command. Should be always one line after the subroutine call? Is this behavior considered a bug or it's just working as expected?

Thanks,
--
Edjunior