Re: reversible debugging, enhancements, proposals

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:48:57 +0200, paawan oza wrote:
> but my point is: it becomes cumbesome for user to go and modify the
> file/.gdbinit macro or script.

Projects provide their own .gdbinit files (gcc/gdbinit.in, emacs/src/.gdbinit)
for examining the project's specific data structures.

For example for GList (Gnome glib) it cannot work fully automatically as its
->data is void *.

> you have losts of data streuctures like linked list, complex tree, btree etc....
> and most of the user is not predetermined to se where he wants to look....it

Maybe a pretty printer could have a hint if one wants to print just a single
element or the whole list?

Or if printing a pointer (and not curretly implemented *pointer) it could
print the whole list?  That may be confusing, though.

Thanks,
Jan