Re: How to debug a hang process if the hung process itself is gdb !

santoshp wrote:
Hi All,
I have a problem, I have a signal handler for few fatal signals e.g.
sigsegv, sigill etc. The handler will dump the stack trace in the log when
those signals will be triggered using GDB in batch mode. What I do is fork()
a process and inside the child I exec() the gdb process to capture the stack
tarce. The command will be something like this:

cat $commandfile

set pagination off
set width 65536
thread apply all bt
detach

But it seems the gdb itself hung and the process attached is also hung. How
to debug them ?

Is there a way to see the stack trace for hung gdb process or the running
process to be debugged which was attached to gdb?

If anybody knows of any known issues with GDB, please share.

GDb version: GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.5-37.el5_2.2rh),
"x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu", OS is RHEL5 running on x86_64. Please let me know
if this is not the place to discuss this. Any help or pointer would be of
great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Santosh

Have you tried attaching a fresh gdb to the hung gdb?