Thread Local Variable - Assertion 'frame' failed

 Hello,

I am not sure if I hit a bug or am misusing gdb.

I am using static thread local class field, like this:

---
struct A {
  static __thread int x;
};

__thread int A::x = 0;

int main(int argc, char** argv) {
  return A::x;
}
---

When I try to see the value of A::x, I get an error:

GNU gdb (Gentoo 7.1 p1) 7.1
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu".
<http://bugs.gentoo.org/>...
Reading symbols from gdbtest...done.
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x40058f: file gdbtest.cpp, line 8.
(gdb) run
Starting program: gdbtest

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffffffd848) at gdbtest.cpp:8
8         return A::x;
(gdb) print A::x
warning: static field's value depends on the current frame - bad debug info?
findvar.c:423: internal-error: read_var_value: Assertion `frame' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) y

I think the value of the field actually depends on the current frame, at
least indirectly. Each thread has a different stack and a different A::x
too.

- Gunther