Re: gdbserver target description: info reg displays or not according to group presence ???

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:16:57AM +0200, Philippe Waroquiers wrote:
>   GROUP
>        The register group to which this register belongs.  GROUP must be
>        either `general', `float', or `vector'.  If no GROUP is specified,
>        GDB will not display the register in `info registers'.

Separately, note "must be".  Don't use group="s1".  Target-defined
register groups aren't supported.

> Looking at the trace, I see that the correct description is returned
> to gdb. I see that gdb properly has understood the target description
> as it shows the normal and shadow registers.
> However, it does always shows all the shadow registers, not taking
> into account the presence or not of a group.

Yes, it looks like a bug in i386_register_reggroup_p, in the last bit
(group == general_reggroup_p).  One way to fix it would be to add a
range check (&& regnum < I386_NUM_GREGS).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery