Re: sending CTRL-C to Cygwin gdb 6.8 has no effect

> In CDT, we've had to resort to sending a CTRL-C to the inferior
> process of a Cygwin gdb session because gdb itself doesn't react to
> the CTRL-C. Is this a known issue? Is it addressed in HEAD?

This should have been fixed in recent versions of GDB. I don't remember
which version first started having the fix, but it's a safe bet that 7.1
will.

> Naturally, that approach isn't an option when debugging a remote
> program.

But when you are doing remote debugging, the transport protocol used
between GDB and the target should provide a way to send that interrupt.
For instance, when using the remote protocol:

    http://www.sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Interrupts.html#Interrupts

--
Joel