Re: Reading a static variable in Python

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Johns <chris@contemporary.net.au> writes:

Chris> I am adding pretty printers for RTEMS to gdb. In the RTEMS operating
Chris> system elements such as a semaphore are given an id. I would like to
Chris> print the actual semaphore data given a semaphore id. To do this I
Chris> need to read a kernel structure from a table indexed via a bit field
Chris> in the id. As an example the semaphore's table is declared in RTEMS
Chris> as:

Chris> RTEMS_SEM_EXTERN Objects_Information  _Semaphore_Information;

This isn't really enough information for us to help you.
What does Objects_Information look like?

Chris> I am stuck on how to create a new gdb.Value variable in Python.

Use gdb.parse_and_eval.  This wasn't added until after 7.0.

Tom