Re: GDB steping into STL Headers.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM, mweglicki8208 <mweglicki@gmail.com> wrote:

> So could explain how should i give my compiler information not to pass those
> inline calls information? Is it possible?
>
> It's quite confusing, getting through simple line, with so many GDB "calls".
>
> I'm using older version of gcc actually and i can't change it...( 3.4.5 ).
>
> I understand that I'm quite new to the subject, and it has to be irritating
> to answer same questions all the time...But at least please point me into
> right direction.
>
> Thanks for help.
>

> Jim Ingham wrote:
>>
>> Hey, cool. ÂOur gdb's been doing that for a couple of years now, glad you
>> caught up :-D
>>
>> Jim

>>> Maybe your GDB doesn't :-P ÂGDB 7.0 does support inlined functions -
>>> if your compiler outputs correct DWARF, at least.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Daniel Jacobowitz
>>> CodeSourcery

Please read the manual:
http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Inline-Functions.html

"For gdb to support inlined functions, the compiler must record
information about inlining in the debug information â gcc using the
dwarf 2 format does this, and several other compilers do also. gdb
only supports inlined functions when using dwarf 2. Versions of gcc
before 4.1 do not emit two required attributes (`DW_AT_call_file' and
`DW_AT_call_line'); gdb does not display inlined function calls with
earlier versions of gcc. It instead displays the arguments and local
variables of inlined functions as local variables in the caller. "

I guess you have two solutions:
1 ) Update your compiler to gcc-4.4.3
2 ) Tell your compiler *not* to inline function, using -fno-inline

--
Christophe-Marie Duquesne
06 84 14 26 82 - mobile