Re: [RFC] "actionpoints"?

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:22:35 -0800
From: Stan Shebs <stan@codesourcery.com>

It turns out there is a generic term available - "actionpoint". It originally comes from TotalView I think, and was adopted into the HPD (high performance debugger) spec back in the 90s.

A plus is that the term is sufficiently vague that it is sensible for watchpoints, catchpoints, tracepoints, breakpoints, and the rest of the menagerie, including future ideas we haven't thought of yet. A minus is that it means having to teach an unfamiliar term to users, and it entails a certain amount of hacking up the manual.

Not only the manual, but also some commands, such as "info break".
They will have to be renamed.
I don't think that one can be changed, it's just too heavily used in its current form. That doesn't preclude adding new synonyms, and maybe something like "info just-breakpoints" if anyone really wants that.

Stan