Re: Wiki: Started a page on how to write testcases for GDB

> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:56:56 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
> Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
>
> > Thanks.
> > It would be nice to have this as part of gdbint.texinfo as well.
>
> I think we should put the info in either document, but not both, or
> we would be duplicating the info.  I chose the Wiki because it's very
> easy to update and maintain.  To be honest, I don't think I will have
> the courage to make fixes if it means having to go through the normal
> review process.

You don't need to add this to gdbint.texinfo until it's in good shape
and sufficiently complete.  Likewise, not every change on the wiki
needs to be immediately reflected in the manual, you can do that only
after a substantial amount of changes went in.  OTOH, fixing a typo or
some similar trivial correction don't need to be reviewed, and if they
are, the result is known in advance.

IOW, I'm willing to make a lot of allowances if that will convince you ;-)

My rationale is very simple: if we start putting important parts of
documentation on the wiki, then why maintain the manuals at all?