Re: porting reversible on arm/mips

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:24 PM, paawan oza <paawan1982@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am not sure how arm can be drastically slower than x86 ! considering arm 32 bit.
> but at the first point, if in some way if prec arch level stuff and abis related framework are in place,
> then optimization on the same may lead us to get faster recording like cache implementation and so on.
> But I am not sure of any specific reason why on arm it could be very slower, having the same conf as x86.
>
> Regards,
> Oza.

I think ARM does be at least tens of times slower than x86. Image a PC
and a phone, ARM architecture has to sacrifice the performance to gain
the advantage of power and size saving.

Here I assume that process record is more than 20000x slower on both
x86 and ARM. I agree with you and believe this can be improved a lot
in the future.

--
Best Regards,
Sean Chen