Re: A strange gcc behavior, and an argument against -Wno-unused

Pierre>   Isn't this going to make troubles if
Pierre> a standard function is defined as a pascal procedure
Pierre> i. e. with return type (void) in most implementation
Pierre> but returning something else on some "exotic" system?

>From what I can tell, the warning only applies to statements with no
side effects, and function calls are considered to have side effects.
The GCC documentation is not extremely clear on this point, I wrote a
test program to try it out.

Tom