How are ARM specific registers and variables read in gdbserver ?

Hi  ,

      I have started looking into the code of gdbserver , in that
regard I wanted to know how are the registers or memory locations read
? I have seen some ARM specific code there but unable to figure out
how the registers values are actually grabbed and the variable values
too. Probably if I understand that it would be easier to understand
the gdbserver code .

Regards
Diptopal Basu