Re: GDB 7.0 regressions: s390(x)-linux, ppc(64)-linux, spu-elf

> I've now analyzed the GDB test suite for regressions on the platforms
> I'm most interested in: s390(x)-linux, ppc(64)-linux, and spu-elf.
> Unfortunately, this did show up a number of real regressions as
> compared to the last release.

:-(. Thanks for the heads up.

> How should we proceed with these issues?  Should I commit the fixes
> to the branch?  What's the deadline?

The target date for release is Wed, so we're about 48 hours away.
If you feel confident about your fix, then you should go ahead and
commit to the branch.  According to the guidelines I remember reading
somewhere (it might be in the MAINTAINERS file), if the change only
affects one target, we can also discuss putting that change in. For
the rest of your patches, we need to look at them individually and
evaluate the risk. Based on that, we can decide whether delaying
the release is necessary, and whether each patch should be applied
to the branch and if yes, whether it should be applied now (for 7.0),
or only after it has had a chance to be tested a little more on the
HEAD.

--
Joel