RE: Reverse debugging

 > So in your case you are dealing with a proper tty?
 > For eclipse, we fall in the !from_tty case.

Emacs communicates with GDB through a pseudo-tty.  How does Eclipse
do it?

This also seems contrary to what Daniel Jacobowitz has previously told me,
perhaps about Eclipse more generally.  CDT has a console and I thought he
assured me that there was interest in developing that functionality.

 > Frontends should definetely not be bothered with those queries.
 > In my mind, a FE should know what it is doing so if it requests
 > an action like 'record stop' it should not be prompted at all.
 > This is probably true for any of these queries.
 >
 > I was originally going to ask Hui always have a !from_tty check,
 > but now it seems this would not work for emacs.
 >
 > Can we check if the default interpreter is MI somehow and in those
 > cases not do the query?  The idea is that if one uses MI then
 > it is not in some user-interactive session.
 >
 > Just a thought...

That might be a good idea but this request isn't for Emacs on trunk, which has
now migrated fully to GDB/MI, but for the release branch which still uses
annotations.  It's just a small request for a slight change to the existing
command "record stop" or, as Hui suggested, adding a special CLI command
to stop recording that doesn't need confirmation.