Re: Does HEAD support non-stop with 'gdbserver --multi' on Linux?

Hi Marc,

On Thursday 30 April 2009 20:39:47, Marc Khouzam wrote:

> In the last couple months there has been a set of patches about
> non-stop/multi-process
> for gdbserver and GDB for Linux from Pedro.  Sadly, I wasn't able to
> keep track of what went
> in and all the functionality they supported.
>
> I'm trying HEAD with:
> - gdbserver --multi

Note that --multi is not about multi-process in the same sense you're
talking about.  It is a preexisting option that means that gdbserver
will stay persistent even when the inferior exits.  It also enables
starting up gdbserver without giving it a process to start with.
You'll need to connect with "target extended-remote" in that case.

The gdbserver multiprocess support is in head already, but needs
more GDB side work to be useable.

> - non-stop for a multi-threaded app
> - on Linux
>
> Is that supported yet?
> Because I'm not getting the correct list of threads (only in the
> non-stop case).

What exactly are you seeing?  I just run a few non-stop test
(mi-nonstop.exp, mi-nsintrall.exp and ns-nsmoribund.exp tests)
against linux x86-64 gdbserver head, and they passed cleanly for
me, so *something* is working.  :-)

--
Pedro Alves